Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VII
The brand new Sony RX100 VII achieves new ranges of efficiency in a compact digicam by utilising applied sciences developed for Sony’s full-frame mirrorless digicam, the Alpha 9.
The RX100 VII will ship in Europe in August 2019 priced at roughly €1,300 / £1,200.
Sony Press Launch
Sony Brings New Degree of Energy to Premium Compact Digital camera Line-up with introduction of the RX100 VII; Alpha 9 efficiency in your pocket
• Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS™ CMOS picture sensor with DRAM chip and newest era BIONZ X™ picture processor
• Alpha 9-level pace efficiency with as much as 60 AF/AE monitoring calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free taking pictures with AF/AE monitoring
• World main 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastestv 0.02 sec excessive AF pace
• Actual-time Monitoring and Actual-time Eye AF for people and animals
• ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Giant Aperture Excessive Magnification Zoom Lens
• New ‘Single Burst Capturing’ Drive Mode at as much as 90fps pace
• Professional-level film performance together with 4K HDR (HLG) , Actual-time Monitoring and Actual-time Eye AF for film taking pictures, 4K Lively SteadyShot™, Vertical-position information recording for motion pictures and built-in microphone jack
Sony at this time introduced a brand new addition to its award-winning sequence of RX cameras with the launch of the RX100 VII (mannequin DSC-RX100M7). Utilising applied sciences developed for Sony’s full-frame mirrorless digicam Alpha 9, the RX100 VII achieves new ranges of efficiency in a compact digicam, in each stills and film taking pictures, inspiring the person to really feel assured that they’re armed with professional-level energy of their pocket for spontaneous taking pictures in on a regular basis life.
The RX100 VII is powered by a newly developed 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS picture sensor and the most recent era BIONZ X picture processor. This mix delivers new ranges of autofocus efficiency and achieves pace breakthroughs which have beforehand solely been seen on the Alpha 9. Flexibility of taking pictures is ensured by a ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mmviii F2.8-4.5 excessive magnification zoom lens, making the RX100 VII a flexible selection for all sorts of taking pictures eventualities and customers, from photograph fans to professionals.
New Normal for AF Efficiency in a Compact Digital camera
The RX100 VII affords a world leadingv 357 focal-plane phase-detection AF factors and 425 contrast-detection AF factors. As well as, due to a newly optimised lens drive management, world’s fastestv 0.02 secvi AF acquisition time is realised. A significant leap in AF/AE monitoring efficiency throughout steady taking pictures means the digicam performs AF/AE calculations as much as 60 occasions per secondii and captures fast-paced motion at 20fpsiii with AF/AE monitoring, making certain that every second is shot with swift and correct focus.
As well as, the picture sensor realises blackout-free shootingiv for a very reside view, even when steady taking pictures at 20fpsiii; the identical expertise because the Alpha 9. The RX100 VII additionally debuts a brand new drive mode, Single Burst Shootingix, for capturing the right high-speed shot at as much as 90fpsx in JPEG/RAW format utilising the anti-distortion shutter. ‘Single Burst Capturing’ix permits the photographer to border fast-paced motion and shoot as if taking a single shot however the digicam will truly ship 7 nonetheless photographs, taken at 90fps, 60fps or 30fps, so the person can choose the right second.
For the primary time in a compact digicam, the RX100 VII introduces superior ‘Actual-time Monitoring’ and ‘Actual-time Eye AF’ capabilities. ‘Actual-time Monitoring’ utilises Sony’s newest algorithm together with synthetic intelligence-based object recognition to make sure that topics may be captured with glorious accuracy, even through the contact panel on the rear display screen. ‘Actual-time Eye AF’, the most recent model of Sony’s acclaimed Eye AF expertise, employs AI-based object recognition to detect and course of eye information in actual time, leading to improved accuracy, pace and monitoring efficiency of Eye AF for each people and animalsvii, and permits the photographer to pay attention completely on composition .
The compact and light-weight traits of the RX100 VII (approx. 302g / 102mm x 58mm x 43mm ) imply it will probably all the time be carried round and may be mounted in locations that bigger cameras can not. However its small issue belies a large number of pro-level movie-making capabilities good for on-the-go taking pictures comparable to vlogging:
– 4K in-body film recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in excessive bit fee XAVC S™xi
– Actual-time Monitoring and Actual-time Eye AF for video
– 4K Lively SteadyShot that’s 8x simpler than 4K Normal SteadyShot
– Built-in Microphone enter
– Hybrid Log-Gamma (HDR) / S-Gamut3.Cine / S-Log3, S-Gamut3/S-Log3
– Compatibility with ‘Film Edit add-on’ from the ‘Imaging EdgeTM’ cellular utility for film stabilisation and modifying
– Vertical-position information recording for motion pictures
– Interval Capturing for gorgeous time-lapse movies
– Tremendous Sluggish Movement recording at as much as 1000fps
– 180-degree flip display screen for ease-of use while vlogging
“The RX100 VII units new requirements for each images and videography in a compact digicam and we’re assured that its phenomenal pace and AF capabilities will likely be very properly obtained by prospects,” stated Yann Salmon Legagneur, Director of Product Advertising and marketing, Digital Imaging, Sony Europe. “Customers will really feel the reassurance that that they’ve the ability of an Alpha 9 of their pocket, in compact kind, to allow them to belief this digicam in any given scenario.”
Capturing Grip Package for Vloggers
A easy vlogging setup with an exterior microphone is made potential with the Capturing Grip Package (DSC-RX100M7G). The package contains an RX100 VII, Capturing Grip (VCT-SGR1) which permits for simple recording and zooming proper at your fingertips, Bracket with Accent Shoe to connect the Microphone, and two Rechargeable Battery Packs (NP-BX1) .
New Jacket Case for the RX100 Collection
Sony has additionally launched a brand new leather-look physique case for the RX100 sequence (LCJ-RXK) which features a lens jacket and shoulder strap to guard the digicam from bumps and shocks. It offers quick access to the microphone jack and USB terminal which permits charging and picture transfers with out the necessity to take away the case. Accessible in Black or Beige.
Pricing and Availability
The RX100 VII and LCJ-RXK will ship in Europe in August 2019 priced at roughly €1,300 and £1,200 and €85 respectively.
Click on on a thumbnail to see the total model.